This past week was a busy one…mostly from all the last minute prep work for my 3rd Annual Matt Liebsch Golf Tournament. The event was a great success and we had wonderful weather and everyone I talked with enjoyed themselves. The putting greens were a little difficult to navigate given they had just been aerated, but it did seem to prevent Team Kowalke (the ringers) from shooting a 10 under par… nice work guys.
Thank you to all the golfers who showed up to play a round of golf on my behalf and thank you to my hole sponsors…Midwest Production Supply, Sauer-Danfoss, Melvin Liebsch, Dave Labelle, Pioneer Midwest, and Central Container . Also, thank you to all the friends and family who help out and a very big thank you to my wife, Marybeth, who kept my head from exploding by taking care of all sorts of details I would have missed. My last thank you (I promise) is to Kuan Teoh, who is the master chef and did a great job with all the food… the food was awesome and I had way too many pork sandwiches.
Below are the tourney results…I will post pictures if I get my hands on any.
As I write this I am sitting in the Detroit Airport waiting for a flight to Lake Placid, NY where I will meet my team and attend a 2-week training camp at the Olympic Training Center in conjunction with US Ski Team…more updates on that to follow.
3rd Annual Matt Liebsch Golf Tournament Results
1. -10 Team Kowakle – Dan, Chuck, Jeff, Brian
2. -8 Team Japor – Rick, John, Jon, Tom
3. -5 Team Fries – Mike, Bill, Mark, Bryan
3. -5 Team Mullet – Joe, Bryant, Ben, Jeff
5. -4 Team Englund – Jim, Randy, Lee, Jerry
6. -2 Team Mulligans – Ron, Brian, Pat, John
7. -1 Team Bolduc – John, Kim, Neil, Stewart
8. +1 Team Grussendorf – Josh, David, Jenny, Brian
9. 18 Team Soloist – John Betzold